The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The major role played by the Commission is to select persons to man the various Central Civil Services and Posts and the Services common to the Union and States (viz. All-India Services). The Union Public Service Commission have been entrusted with the following duties and role under the Constitution:
- Recruitment to services & posts under the Union through conduct of competitive examinations;
- Recruitment to services & posts under the Central Government by Selection through Interviews;
- Advising on the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion as well as transfer-on-deputation;
- Advising the Government on all matters relating to methods of Recruitment to various services and posts;
- Disciplinary cases relating to different civil services; and
- Miscellaneous matters relating to grant of extra ordinary pensions, reimbursement of legal expenses etc.
We have listed here the list of Exam Notification and Recruitment Notification of the year 2016 published by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
[catlist id=94 numberposts=15]